31st January 2024
St Peter’s Hospital in Maldon is to close.
The following notice encourages people to take part in a new consultation about the provision of services.
NOTE: There are consultations coming up at the Ormiston Rivers Academy on this issue, on Wed, 6 Mar 2024, from 4-5.30 pm.
You can get more details and free tickets by clicking here.
What’s it all about?
The local NHS is seeking views and ideas on proposals for future arrangements for inpatient services at our community hospitals, freestanding midwife-led birthing unit, and other patient services provided at St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon.
The consultation runs from 25 January to 21 March, 2024.
The proposals they are asking people to consider are:
- potential changes to the places where they provide some community hospital intermediate care and stroke rehabilitation services,
- making permanent the temporary move of the freestanding midwife-led birthing unit from St Peter’s Hospital to, Maldon to the William Julien Courtauld Unit at St Michael’s, Braintree.
- the possibility of moving all other patient services at St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon to other locations, mostly in and around Maldon.
- “It’s important they involve people in any decisions that might affect them. They are a long way from making decisions. Getting feedback from local people is vital.
There are lots of ways people can share their thoughts about the proposals and contribute their views.
How you can get involved
People can visit a dedicated engagement platform – MSE Virtual Views – to find out about the proposals and plans, to share their views, and ask questions. Please click on the link below.
Over the next eight weeks, people can get involved by:
- Completing a survey
- Joining one of eight planned discussion groups being held across the region – in Maldon, Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend, Thurrock and Burnham-on- Crouch. [See event at Ormiston Rivers Academy, towards the top of this post.]
- Joining one of six online discussion sessions.
- Joining a public consultation hearing that we’re holding in Maldon. This is a formal event, and people will need to submit their questions in advance.
- Joining a session being run by a voluntary sector organisation. These sessions are for people that might find it difficult to attend one of the other public events, and/or for people that need extra support to understand the proposals and share their views.
- Talking to us through our social media channels or at a drop-in event.
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phoning us at: 01268 594350
- Writing to us at: FAO: Community Capacity Consultation NHS Mid and South Essex ICB, PO Box 6483, Basildon, SS14 0UG
All events will be promoted through MSE Virtual Views, local media, websites, social media channels, and through local NHS partners and community organisations.