The Town Mayor
- The current Town Mayor is Councillor Bob Calver.
The Town Mayor also presents the Mayor’s Awards at the Annual Civic Reception.
About the Town Mayor’s role
- The Mayor is elected each year by the councillors at the Statutory Annual Town Council meeting which is held in May.
- Mayors hold the office for a year, and can then be re-elected or choose to stand down.
- The Mayor acts as the chair of Town Council Meetings and has a casting vote if opinion is evenly split.
- The Mayor sits on all the Town Council Committees.
- The Mayor hosts receptions and other events organised by the Town Council, and acts as civic representative for the town at events in Burnham and beyond.
- The Mayor normally wears the chain of office when formally representing the Town Council.
For a list of Town Mayors click here for the Council History page.
The Deputy Town Mayor
- The current Deputy Town Mayor is Councillor Mary-Ann Munford .
- The Deputy Mayor’s role, as the name implies, is to stand in when the Town Mayor is absent.