The Town Mayor
The current Town Mayor is Councillor Ron Pratt.
Councillor Pratt was elected at a meeting of the Town Council on the morning of 04 September 2020.
The Town Mayor keeps a DIARY. Click here to find out just some of what the Mayor’s been up to.
The Town Mayor also presents the Mayor’s Awards at the Annual Civic Reception.
About the Town Mayor’s role
- The Mayor is elected each year by the councillors at the Statutory Annual Town Council meeting which is held in May.
- Mayors hold the office for a year, and can then be re-elected or choose to stand down.
- The Mayor acts as the chair of Town Council Meetings and has a casting vote if opinion is evenly split.
- The Mayor sits on all the Town Council Committees.
- The Mayor hosts receptions and other events organised by the Town Council, and acts as civic representative for the town at events in Burnham and beyond.
- The Mayor normally wears the chain of office when formally representing the Town Council.
For a list of Town Mayors click here for the Council History page.
The Deputy Town Mayor
- The current Deputy Town Mayor is Councillor Vanessa Bell.
- She was elected to the office on 4th September, 2020.
- The Deputy Mayor’s role, as the name implies, is to stand in when the Town Mayor is absent.