21st December 2022
Please see below some important information from Maldon District Council:
- Ukrainian Christmas Party – On Monday 12 December, the Chairman of the Council, Cllr Bob Boyce MBE hosted a Christmas party for Ukrainian children, their families and guests at the Plume Academy. The Chairman was joined by Cllr Stephen Nunn, Vice-Chairman, His Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant for Essex, Mrs Jennifer Tolhurst, Carl Wakefield, Principal, together with staff and students from the Academy and of course a visit from Father Christmas! Everyone enjoyed the party with one host family contacting the Chairman to say;
“We were not able to say hello to you yesterday but wanted to write to thank you, Cllr. Stephen Nunn and your colleagues at Maldon District Council for the party held at the Plume Academy yesterday for the Ukrainian families and their hosts in the Maldon district.
The family whom we are hosting really enjoyed themselves. They are extremely grateful for the generosity of MDC and the Plume for putting this on, for the gifts, the food and the entertainment – and, not least, the warm welcome. We have also written to Mr Wakefield to thank him, his staff and students for all that they did.
Events such as this make all the difference. Thank you again.”
- Refuse and Recycling Christmas/New Year Changes – A revised collection schedule for the Christmas/New Year period has been produced, you can find out more here.
- Council Offices – The offices will close at 1230 on Friday 23 December and reopen on Wednesday 28 December.
- Maldon Grinch Goes Greener This Christmas – Cllr Channer and Claire Williamson our Climate Action Officer, recently enlisted the help of the Maldon Grinch to support Climate Change as part of the ‘Our Home, Our Future’ Climate Action strategy, by filling a trolley with eco-friendly products which were then donated to the local Food Bank. You can find out more here.
- Health Advice Over The Festive Season (graphic attached) – The NHS have published advice as to where to get help over the festive period. You can use the attached graphic and Guide to health services this festive season (ics.nhs.uk) where all of the advice is available.
- Parish and Resident Engagement – Maldon District Council are currently in the early stages of developing the Corporate Plan 2023 – 2027. We are looking to collate existing user feedback to inform the development and as such, we were wondering if any resident survey data is collected between parish and resident, and if so, the analysis could be shared with us.
- Maldon District Council and Parish Town Engagement – The briefing report attached was shared with Maldon District Corporate Leadership Team. I will be meeting with them in the New Year to discuss how we take some of the actions stated forward.
I wish you all a happy Christmas and please take care.