Wendy is the Neighbourhood Development Plan Coordinator.
She was Town Mayor from 2018-2020.
She is also a Maldon District Councillor – the link takes you to her entry on the MDC website.
She also sits on the Town Council’s:
- Staffing Committee,
- Neighbourhood Development Plan Strategy Group
- Standing Order Review Group,
- Town Twinning Association,
- Station House Management Committee,
- MDC’s Emergency Planning Information Panel,
- Coastal Community Team,
- Tourist & Community Information Centre Liaison Committee,
- and is Deputy Editor for this website.
She represents the Town Council on the:
- Burnham Chamber of Commerce,
- Bradwell Legacy Partnership and the
- River Crouch Coastal Community Team.
Chair of the Dengie Hundred Group of Parish Councils and the President the Allotment Holders Association.
Wendy is a member of the Essex Association of Local Councils (EALC) training team and Conservation Team.
She was highly active, alongside residents, in the delivery of the Zebra Crossing outside Ormiston Rivers Academy.
At the last election, Wendy stood as an Independent candidate.
Wendy has attended the following councillor training courses, held at the Essex Association of Local Councils:
- HABC level 2 Award in Risk Assessment (QCF)
- Law & Procedures
- Data Protection Regulations
- Standing Orders
- Local Council Award Briefing Foundation Level
- Social Media
- Council Finance
- Town Councillor Training
- Advanced Councillor Training
- Chairman’s Training
- Financial Regulations and Planning
Wendy is joint director of a heating and plumbing company that she owns and runs with her husband. Previously she worked in London as a Catering Manager for a large contract catering company.
She has lived in Burnham for over 20 years.
Correspondence address: 62 Maldon Road, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex, CM0 8NR
Tel: 01621 786350
Register of Interests
Each councillor has to complete a Register of Interests form upon election. This provides information about any financial interest which a councillor has, or any benefit which he or she receives, which others might reasonably consider to influence his or her actions or words as a member of the Town Council.
It should also include relevant interests of their husband, wife, or civil partner.
Click on the link below for Cllr. ’s Register of Interests.
Declaration file for Town Councillor
For her entry as a Town Councillor on the Maldon District Council website, click here.