The Town Council’s Highways Coordinator monitors Burnham’s street lighting, and, when possible, helps people who have complaints and suggestions.

If you have any complaints or suggestions about street lighting, you can contact the Highways Coordinator, copying in the Town Clerk by sending an email to, using the subject title, COMPLAINT – STREET LIGHTS, or SUGGESTION – STREET LIGHTS.

Alternatively you can go direct to Essex Highways, who are ultimately responsible for all road, pavement, footpath, and street lighting issues in Burnham.

Just click here and then choose the relevant issue. Click through to locate the issue on the map. You should then get an option to report the issue.